Verizon Wireless XV6700 WiFi Smartphone
Driver Date & Version
n/a (ver. 3.3)
- Upgrade the WM 5.0 OS from AKU 2.2 to AKU 3.3
- Enabled the capability to support tethering on the device using Verizon Wireless VZAccess Manager (USB cable only).
- Enabled A2DP (Bluetooth Stereo) Headset Profile.
- Added capability to Enable to Disable the Voice Speed Dial application to support other user preferred 3rd party software.
- Resolve MMS sending issue (Picture Messaging).
- Added the Daylight Saving Time fix from Microsoft.
XV6700 Software Driver Update Instructions
- Download and extract the new software zip file (XV6700 AKU3.zip) by saving it to your PC. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN IT.
- Ensure that your device is charged at least 40%. You can check this by selecting Start > Settings > Power.
- Connect your device to your PC via the USB cable and ActiveSync.
- After you are connected using ActiveSync, double click on the unzipped software file: APA_Verizon_31430_314208_14300_WWE_Ship_2.exe.
- Follow the prompts of the installation wizard. There are 3 stages to the upgrade, which will take about 20 minutes to complete.
NOTE: DO NOT DISRUPT YOUR DEVICE DURING THE UPGRADE. DOING SO MAY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE.
- Once the update is complete, you will need to perform a normal reset. Pressing the reset button with your stylus, which is located on the bottom of the device next to the mini USB port.
- You have successfully upgraded your XV 6700.
- Download Dell Axim X3 Pocket PC Users Manual
- Download XV6700 Software