Toshiba PCX2200 USB Cable Modem
Windows XP, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows 32bit Vista
Driver Date & Version
11/9/2001 (ver. 188.8.131.5200)
To install the driver, follow the instruction below:
- First download the driver for the USB connection
- Download this to your desktop and then double click on it. The driver files will be extracted to C:\\pcx2200 usb drivers
- Make sure the modem is connected to your computer using the USB cable supplied and attached to the modem in the port marked USB. Also make sure the power supply is connected to the modem and the power is on. The power light on the modem will indicate this.
- After this is performed, the Found New Hardware Wizard appears- click Cancel to close this window. Then from your Desktop click on START, from the menu select SETTINGS and then CONTROL PANEL. The CONTROL PANEL will open.
- In the CONTROL PANEL double click on the icon that is marked SYSTEM (you may need to choose the Classic View option). This will open a new window called SYSTEM PROPERTIES. From this window select the tab that is marked HARDWARE and then go to the middle of the page and select DEVICE MANAGER. With this selected a list of system devices will appear with + or - to the left of them. Working your way down the list look for any entries that refer to the Toshiba cable modem. This may be in the OTHER DEVICES catagory and have a ? or ! marked next to the device. Highlight the first one you find and then right click a small menu will appear, select UNINSTALL from this menu. A box will appear asking you if you are sure you want to remove this.Click OK. Repeat this until all ? or ! are gone.
- Once all this has been completed click on ACTION at the top of the window and select SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES. The Found New Hardware Wizard should appear. Click NEXT in this window.This will take you to a screen that has two options. Make sure the second option is selected,Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and click NEXT.
- In the next window there will be a few options. Click on the option to Search for the best driver in these locations. Uncheck Search removable media and verify that Include this location in the search has a check mark in the box to the left of it.
- For the path, type in C:\\pcx2200 usb drivers and click NEXT.
- Windows will ask you to wait while it searches for a new driver for the device. When Windows finds the driver a window will appear. From this window select The updated driver (Recommended) Toshiba PCX2200 USB cable modem (WDM) and click NEXT. Windows will say it is ready to install the best driver for this device and click NEXT.
- The drivers will load and Windows will prompt to click FINISH, please do this.
- Again the Found New Hardware Wizard will this time it will say it has found Toshiba PCX2200 USB Cable Modem Networking support. Simply click NEXT when prompted through every window, you may be asked to insert the WindowsXP CD, please do this and when finished click FINISH.
- You may be promted to restart your computer. If so, click YES. Once the computer restarts, the PC light on the modem should be on solid.
- This completes the USB install. Any other settings should be provided by the cable company.
Download Toshiba PCX2200 Driver here.
- Download Toshiba SD-R5372 Firmware
- Download Toshiba PCX2200 Driver