IntelÂ® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection
Windows 2000, XP and Vista
Driver Date & Version
10/26/2006 (Ver. 126.96.36.199)
Intel WM3B2100 or WMIntel PRO/Wireless 2100A LAN MiniPCI Type 3B Adapter is a type of embedded 802.11a/b dual band (5 GHz and 2.4 GHz) Wireless Local Area Network MiniPCI adapters. The MiniPCI Type 3B form factor is designed for notebook computer systems where overall thickness must be kept to an absolute minimum.
Additional information on Intel WM3B2100:
|WM3B2100A Intel PRO/Wireless 2100A LAN MiniPCI Type 3B Adapter||11a/b Dual Band|
|WM3B2100 Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 LAN MiniPCI Type 3B Adapter||11b only|
|WM3A2100 Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 LAN MiniPCI Type 3A Adapter||11b only|
For Windows Vista only (from Intel website)
Support for Microsoft Windows Vista:
- A non-Inbox NDIS 5.1 driver is provided for the IntelÂ® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection.
- IntelÂ® PROSet/Wireless Network Connection Software is not supported on Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Only Intel wireless drivers are supported on the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. Intel PROSet/Wireless Network Connection Software is not supported. Intel PROSet/Wireless will be replaced with Microsoft Windows Vista IHV service. Support for the Microsoft Windows Vista IHV service will be available in the upcoming software release from Intel in Q2â€™07, excluding the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection.
- To update your system to the correct Microsoft Windows Vista driver if you inadvertently loaded an Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection driver not compliant with Microsoft Windows Vista:
- Go to My Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Network Adapters>Uninstall.
- If the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection does not appear in Device Manager, but appears as Other devices>Network Controller, right-click on Network Controller>Update driver and point to the INF file from the new driver folder.
- If the above does not work, try the following:
- Delete C:/Windows/System32/w20ncpa.dll.
- Go to My Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Network Adapters. Right-click on 2100>Update driver and point to the INF file from the new driver folder.
Some of the supported PC vendors (as stated in inf):
- IBM 2100 mPCI 3B
- Dell 2100 mPCI 3A
- Gateway 2100 mPCI 3B
- Toshiba 2100 mPCI 3B
- Sony 2100 mPCI 3B
- HPQ 2100 mPCI 3B
- Intel 2100 mPCI 3A
- Intel 2100 mPCI 3B
So if you have any of the above mentioned Intel WM3A2100 chipset, you can try the driver. As usual, make backup of your important files before installing any new drivers to your system.
- Download Intel 536EP Modem Driver
- Download Intel WM3A2100 Driver