Dell Latitude C840 notebook.
Windows 2000, Windows XP
Driver Date & Version
2/6/2004 (ver. A13)
Dell C840 BIOS ver. A13 Enhancement/Fix
- Fixed issue where the operating system may report erroneous battery information if a battery swap is performed while the system is in Standby.
- Fixed issue where an external PS/2 mouse wheel may not function correctly in the operating system.
- Fixed issue where the LCD may be off after undocking from a CRT-only / lid closed configuration.
- New BIOS has been tested on Microsoft Windows 2000 ACPI and Microsoft Windows XP.
Dell provided both floppy and floppy-less (hard disk) way of installing the C840 BIOS update. Here is the hard disk installation steps:
You will need to have a floppy drive to install the BIOS update for your Dell C840 notebook. After download and run A132C840.EXE, you will be prompt with this message:
BIOS : Dell Latitude C840 System BIOS
Latitude : C840
Languages : English
This program contains 1 floppy disk image.
This program could not find a floppy drive on this system.
Download Dell C840 Bios Update here.
- Download Agere TFM-PCIV92A Driver
- Download Dell C840 Bios Update