Acer Aspire 5315-2153 Notebooks
Driver Date & Version
11/28/2006 (ver. 2.1.77)
Ah... the Acer Aspire 5315 xp driver... Alot of interest has been shown by users regarding the Windows XP driver for this particular Acer notebook model. Anyway, finally here is a way to configure and install the modem driver. Source: soulpass.com
First I would like to say is I do not owned an Acer Aspire 5315, the modem driver installation guide is from soulplus.com, so please proceed with care. Assume that your modem chipset is Agere Soft Modem and your Acer model number is Aspire 5315-2153. Other similar models may work, try at your own risk.
After you have download the zipped aspire 5315 modem driver file, extract to a temporary folder in your PC, for example c:/aspire-5315/
You can try read the read_me.txt file as well as it contains some information on the driver e.g. version, part number and operating system. One thing I found is that the operating system mentioned in the readme file is Windows Vista 32 bit, so you may not want to follow the steps in the readme as them may only meant for Windows Vista.
Here is the actual installation steps
- Click on [START] menu.
- Right click on [My Computer].
- Open [Properties].
- Next open [Hardware].
- Open [Device Manager].
- You should see an entry saying [Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus], right click on it.
- Then click on [Update Driver].
- Click [No, not this time.] Click Next.
- Click [Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).] , then select [Next].
- Click [Dont Search. I will choose the driver to install.] select [Next].
- In the list on the [Hardware Type] page, highlight [Modems]. Click Next.
- Click on [Have Disk],
- Now browse to the temporary folder you have extracted the aspire 5315 modem driver and select file [agrmdv32.inf] file. Next click OK.
- Highlight Agere Systems HDA Modem. Click Next.
- Click Yes on the [Update Driver Warning] dialog.
After that, please do a reboot. Although it is not mentioned in the guide, but a reboot is what I usually do after installing a new driver. By now you should have a working modem on your Acer Aspire 5315 notebook.
- Download Lexmark 2350 Printer Free Driver
- Download Aspire 5315 XP Modem Driver