Acer Extensa 4420 / 4120 Series Notebooks
Windows XP 32bit/64bit, Windows 98, Windows 2000
Driver Date & Version
2007/05/10 (Atheros (ver. 126.96.36.199)
Broadcom (ver. 188.8.131.52))
According to Acer Global Customer Service portal, under Extensa 4420 there are two wireless network drivers available. One is for Atheros based chipset while the other one is for Broadcom chipset. You need to find out the maker for your wireless chipset before installing the suitable one.
The wireless drivers support 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi and you can use Acer own InviLink software for the SignalUp wireless technology.
Acer Extense 4420 Atheros Wireless Network XP Driver ver. 184.108.40.206 Enhancements
- T60H976.00 XB63 Released for xp-32/64bits
- WHQL driver v220.127.116.11.(Negative-Pole LED)
- Update to IS12 to fix unclean remove oem*.inf issue.
- Fixed LED blinking issue when RF killed(Already connected to AP).
- Fixed Ad-Hoc network ping unexpected disconnect issue.(VISTA:Ad-Hoc creator V.S. XP:Ad-Hoc joiner).
For Broadcom-based wireless network driver, the driver itself is labelled as [Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver 18.104.22.168_Negative_Foxxconn] and will be installed into c:/Program Files/Broadcom/Wireless/. No explanation on the enhancement/bug fixes provided by this version of drivers. But if your current version is lower I would suggest you to upgrade to this newer Broadcom driver.
- Download Brother GX 6750 User Manual
- Download Acer Extensa 4420 XP Wireless Driver