Netgear WGR614 54 Mbps Wireless Router
Windows 98, ME,2000,XP,Vista (with compatible browser support e.g. IE/Firefox).
wgr614v6_2_0_19_1_0_19_ww.chk (for world wide user EXCEPT North America)
wgr614v6_2_0_19_1_0_19_na.chk (for North American users)
Driver Date & Version
May. 8, 2007 (ver. 2.0.19_1.0.19)
Flashing your Netgear WGR614v6 with wrong flash driver is a sure way to turn your Netgear WGR614v6 into an expensive doorstop.
Why? Because firmware drivers for Netgear WGR614v5, WGR614v4 and WGR614v6-TDC are not compatible with each other and will NOT work on your WGR614v6 too.
So how do I identify the version for my Netgear WGR614v6? Smart question and the answer is easy, just make sure:
- Your WGR614v6 is WHITE in colour.
- Your WGR614v6 is written [WGR614v6] on the bottom label
A firmware usually comes with new improvement or bug fixes. So is this firmware for Netgear WGR614 v6:
- Upgrade to Cone NAT.
- Mmultiple PPLive clients on LAN will cause router reboot.
- X-Lite phone will cause router reboot. c
- DHCP pool setting problem. (If user set up the LAN IP to 10.0.0.1, it will cause the DHCP server cannot assign correct IP address to LAN PCs).
- Will automatically redirect to the new IP address GUI after user change the LAN IP address.
- Allow user to setup a host route
- Smart wizard might detect PPPoE improbably if WAN type had been configured as PPPoE. g. abnormal PPTP cycle connect/disconnect for several times would cause router reboot problem.
To install/flash the firmware, follow the steps below:
- Open a Web browser.
- Access the router (http:/192.168.1.1 or the Default Gateway address if the router default IP was changed).
- Log in the router (User Name = admin and Password = password, unless you changed it).
- Write down all settings that you entered when previously configuring. (Usually this includes information such as ISP configuration and wireless security settings.)
- Download the file from the North America or non-North America link below.
- Under Maintenance, click Router Upgrade.
- Click Browse and locate the firmware upgrade file.
- Click Upload.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
- Under Maintenance, click Settings Backup, then click Erase. (Or press the reset button on the back for 10 seconds.)
- Wait one minute for the router to reboot.
- Manually enter the configuration information you wrote down. Use the Smartwizard, or manually configure as shown in the box below. If the router has problems, repeat the whole procedure. IF fail again, you have a new doorstop.
Download Netgear WGR614 v6 Firmware here.
- Download NEC VERSA E6200 Drivers
- Download Netgear WGR614 v6 Firmware