NEC DV-5700A (retail & bulk) drives (not with OEM releases)
DOS, Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
Driver Date & Version
20/1/2000 (ver. 1.92)
First of all this firmware is quite old because you need a floppy disk to run the firmware update.
Firmware Update Steps
- Make a system boot disk by rightclick on the 3 1/2 disk A and choose [format], mark last square [create MS-DOS Startdisk], then click start.
- After that, extract all files in 1983_Firmware_DV-5700_192.zip to the new startup disk.
- Make changes in BIOS to boot using A:
- Insert the new startup disk into a:. When bootup, press a key and follow on screen display to continue the firmware update.
Download NEC DV 5700a Driver here.
- Download NEC ND-1100A Driver
- Download NEC DV 5700a Driver