NEC DV-5700A (retail & bulk) drives (not with OEM releases)
DOS, Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
Driver Date & Version
20/1/2000 (ver. 1.92)
This is the firmware update for NEC DvD DV5700A. You can only update from version 1.90 and 1.91.
First of all this firmware is quite old because you need a floppy disk to run the firmware update.
Firmware Update Steps
- Make a system boot disk by rightclick on the 3 1/2 disk A and choose [format], mark last square [create MS-DOS Startdisk], then click start.
- After that, extract all files in 1983_Firmware_DV-5700_192.zip to the new startup disk.
- Make changes in BIOS to boot using A:
- Insert the new startup disk into a:. When bootup, press a key and follow on screen display to continue the firmware update.
Download NEC DV 5700a Driver here.
- Download NEC ND-1100A Driver
- Download NEC DV 5700a Driver