Kensington VideoCAM SVGA Digital Camera Model 67016
Windows 98, Windows ME
Driver Date & Version
8/25/00 (ver. 1.20)
Windows 98/ME Installation for Kensington VideoCam 67016
- Download the software and save it on your computers desktop. If you are installing Kensington VideoCAM software for the first time on your computer, have your Windows 98/Millenium Installation CD handy.
- If you have a previous version of Kensington VideoCAMworks already installed on your system, please uninstall it before you proceed to install the new software.
- Open the Win98 Control Panel, double click on Add/Remove Programs icon and select Kensington VideoCAMworks entry in the list of installed software. Click on the [Add/Remove] button and uninstall the software. You may get a warning about some shared files being removed and you can choose not to remove them.
- Similarly, select the Aox DirectX->VfW Image Capture item from the list of installed software and uninstall the software.
- Unplug the Kensington VideoCAM and restart the computer.
- If you do not have a previous version of Kensington VideoCAMworks already installed on your system and if you are running Windows 98 First Edition, before you install VideoCAMworks 1.20, please make sure that you have DirectX 6.0 or higher installed on your system. Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows Millenium include the necessary version of DirectX as part of the operating system.
- If you do not know how to find out what version of Windows 98 you are running on your computer, Right click My Computer icon, select Properties and click on General tab. For example, if you are running Windows 98 Second Edition, the system information on this window will read as
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- You can download and install the latest version of DirectX.
- Double Click the file you downloaded. This will cause the file to extract itself and all the files contained within will be placed in a folder named VideoCAMworks-1.20 on your desktop.
- Double Click Setup icon in the VideoCAMworks-1.20 folder and this will start the installation process. Restart the computer as the installation is completed.
- If the VideoCAMworks installer was unable to install NetMeeting 3.01, you can install it manually using the following steps.
- Double click and open VideoCAMworks-1.20 folder on the desktop, and open the NetMeet folder.
- Double click on Nm30.exe icon and this will install NetMeeting 3.01.
- Plug in the Kensington VideoCAM and when the Add New Hardware wizard asks for the location of drivers for the camera, point to the VideoCAMworks-1.20 folder on the desktop. If you are installing Kensington VideoCAM software for the first time on your computer, Windows may also ask for the Windows 98/Millenium Installation CD to copy some of the files required for proper functionality of imaging devices.
- In order for the software to work best, you will need to update the firmware of Kensington VideoCAM. Follow this procedure to update the firmware.
- Bring up the Windows Explorer and browse to locate the folder C:/Kensington/VideoCAMworks/Firmware. Double click the file Eeprom.exe. Wait till Eeprom.exe finishes and asks you to restart the computer.
- DO NOT UNPLUG THE CAMERA DURING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS. IF YOU UNPLUG THE CAMERA DURING THE UPDATE, YOU WILL RENDER THE CAMERA USELESS.
- Now you are ready to use the camera.
Download Kensington 67016 Driver here.
- Download Iiyama E2200WS Monitor Driver
- Download Kensington 67016 Driver