Intel Play QX3 Computer USB Microscope
Windows 2000, Windows XP
Driver Date & Version
6/28/2002 (ver. 22.214.171.124)
These products are no longer being manufactured by Intel. Additionally, Intel no longer provides interactive support for these products via telephone or e-mail, nor will Intel provide any future software updates to support new operating systems or improve compatibility with third party devices and software products.
Important Notes Before Download Intel Play QX3 DriverAs the download size of the driver file is large, please see the following two important notes before downloading in order to save your time and bandwidth:
- If you have purchased the QX3+ version of the microscope product and only need Microsoft Windows 2000 support, you do not need the Software Update.
- The QX3+ CD already includes support for Windows 2000. There are no additional benefits in obtaining the software update download or CD.
- If you have already obtained a copy of the Software Update CD for Windows 2000 & XP, you do not need the Update Download. There are no additional benefits in obtaining the software update download.
- Customers who already have obtained a copy of the Software Update CD for Windows 2000 & XP. There are no additional benefits in obtaining the software update download.
The only differences between the Update Download and the Update CD are as follows:
- Update download does not contain collection samples
- Update download requires DirectX 8.0 prior to installing the download (Customers with Windows 2000 can download the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft web site).
- Customers with Windows XP do not need to update DirectX. Windows XP already includes DirectX 8.1.
Installation Steps for Intel Play QX3 USB Microscope Driver
- Download the QX3PLUS.EXE file to your hard drive.
- Uninstall any previous versions of the microscope software prior to installing this download.
- Verify that Microsoft DirectX 8.0 or higher is installed on your computer if you have Windows 2000.
- Customers with Windows 2000 may or may not need to download the latest version of DirectX. Customers with Windows XP do not need to update DirectX. The Windows XP operating system already includes DirectX 8.1.
- To check the DirectX version:
- Click Start, click Run, type in dxdiag, then click OK.
- In the DirectX Diagnostics Tool window, the DirectX version will be listed on the System tab.
- The latest version of DirectX can be downloaded from Microsofts web site
- Unplug the microscope from the computer if it is connected.
- Double-click the QX3PLUS.EXE to unpack and start the installation.
- After installation is complete, you may delete the QX3PLUS.EXE file from your hard drive.
- Download Aspire 5920 Intel Matrix Storage Manager Pre Installation Drivers
- Download Intel QX3 Microscope USB Model APB-24221-99A Drivers