Intel GMA 950 graphics used in IntelÂ® 945G, 945GC, 945GT and 945GZ Express Chipsets. Intel G35, G965, Q963, Q965, 940GML, 943GML, 945GM, 945GME, 945GMS, GLE960, GM965, GME965 Express Chipsets.
Windows 2000, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional
Driver Date & Version
9/4/2007 (ver. 14.31.1)
The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, or GMA, is Intel current line of graphics processors (GPUs) built into various motherboard chipsets. The GMA 950 is Intel second-generation Graphics Media Accelerator graphics core. It is used in the Intel 940GML, 945G, 945GU and 945GT system chipsets. Thus the driver is same for all the above mentioned Intel chipsets.
If you are using Windows Vista, there is another version of Intel GMA 950 driver for Windows Vista available for download on this site.
If you have no idea on how to update the GMA 950 Windows XP driver, the easiest way is to use DriverScanner which will help you identify your Intel GMA 950 model information correctly and then locate the most recent Windows XP driver for it.
For a complete list of Intel chipsets that supports Intel GMA 950 for this driver, see below:
- Intel(R) 945G Express Chipset
- Intel(R) 945GZ Express Chipset
- Intel(R) 946GZ Express Chipset
- Intel(R) Q33/Q35/G33/G31 Express Chipsets
- Intel(R) G35 Express Chipset
- Intel(R) G965 Express Chipset
- Intel(R) Q963 Express Chipset
- Intel(R) Q965 Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) 940GML Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) 943GML Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) 945GME Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) 945GMS Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) GLE960 Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) GM965 Express Chipset
- Mobile Intel(R) GME965 Express Chipset
Besides making sure you are using the above chipsets, you are advice to have at least 1G of system memory on your system. This is what Intel is telling us but I doubt it because I think even with lesser memory, say 512 MB is sufficient to use Intel GMA 950 efficiently.
Installation of this Intel GMA driver is simple. Double-click the exe file you downloaded and specify a location into which the driver files will be extracted. Click Unzip and the files will extract. Click OK on the next window, then click Close. Simple, huh.
- Download Lexmark T520 Printer Driver
- Download Intel GMA 950 Driver for Windows XP