HP PSC 950 All-In-One AIO Printer
Driver Date & Version
2002-12-05 (ver. 3.20)
First of all, this driver update for HP PSC 950 is rather big at over 37 MB, so if you do not have a broad band connection, HP advice you to order a cdrom with the driver inside.
There is no mention of any new improvement or added functionality with this new version of driver, so I guess you will need to install the driver to see if any difference. More stable/power saving perhaps?
For HP PSC 950 printer driver installation, basically you need to disconnect the USB printer cable and uninstall the previous version of printer driver files before you can install the new driver. For detailed installation instruction, I have make the step-by-step guide as below:
- Download the driver file.
- Turn off the hp psc 900 series All-in-One device and disconnect the USB cable (Parallel port not supported by this device).
- Temporarily disable antivirus software.
- Exit any running applications, games, utilities, and multimedia applications.
- Uninstall the previous version of the HP driver software if any is installed. The Windows XP mini-drivers do not need to be removed.
- Run the downloaded .exe file. Follow the screen directions presented during the software installation.
- When the software portion of the installation is complete, you will see a [Software Copied Successfully] dialog box with a prompt to [follow the instructions on your setup poster to set up your hp psc 900 series hardware].
- Select [Finish] on the [Software Copied Successfully] dialog.
- If a request to restart your computer dialog appears, select [yes] to reboot the computer.
- Turn on your HP psc 900 series device, and connect the USB cable between it and the computer.
- During the Plug & Play phase, a [Found New Hardware Wizard] dialog will appear.
- Select [Next], then [Next], then [Finish] to continue.
- The desktop icon will be created, and the HP system tray icon will appear in the lower-right corner of the taskbar. The HP Fax Setup Wizard or Electronic Registration will appear depending the features of your hp psc 900 series All-in-One device.
- Complete the HP Fax Setup Wizard, if it appeared.
- Complete the Electronic Registration, if you have not already done it once.
- When the [Congratulations!] dialog appears, select [Skip Tour], since it is not included in the web driver package.
- Upon completing the software installation, enable your antivirus software.
- View the Readme file or the Onscreen User Guide for further information related to the operation of this driver software. If you chose the default installation location then the readme.html file will be located in the path:
- C:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\AiO\\hp psc 900 series\\Help
- Download VIA S3G UniChrome IGP CLE266 VT8622/3 Driver
- Download HP PSC 950 Driver