PRO 100/VE Ethernet Network Adapter in Dell Latitude D505
Windows XP, MS-DOS
Dell Computer Corporation
Driver Date & Version
1/9/2006 (ver. 6.4.14.0081)
According to Dell website, Dell Latitude D505 is using an Intel PRO/VE 100 desktop ethernet adapter. We can either download from Intel directly since Intel is the OEM maker for this PRO/VE 100 ethernet adaptor, or we can download from Dell website. Driver on Intel website might have the latest version but stability is unknown as Dell might have done some modification to the Intel PRO/VE 100 ethernet adapter used in Latitude D505.
The only enhancement for this driver is to fix an issue where the integrated network device fails to activate after the Dell Quickset utility places the device in power saving mode.
Driver Installation Steps for Dell Latitude D505 Ethernet
- Download and run R108533.EXE. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R108533. Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
- Run C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R108533 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions to install the ethernet driver.
Download Dell Latitude D505 Ethernet Drivers here.
- Download Acer X193WCB ET.CX3WP.C01 19″ Widescreen LCD Monitor Driver
- Download Dell Latitude D505 Ethernet Drivers