Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1450 and APA-1450A PC Card-to-SCSI
Windows 95, Windows 98
Driver Date & Version
12/17/1997 (ver. 1.0)
Installing Windows 95 DriverA version of the sparrow.mpd driver is embedded (included) in the Windows 95 installation CD. During a normal Windows 95 installation, APA-1450A host adapter is detected, as a APA-1425/50/60 SCSI adapter, in your system and the embedded sparrow.mpd driver is automatically installed.
Once the Windows 95 installation is complete, you can update the sparrow.mpd driver with the most recent version of the driver by following the instructions in Updating Windows 95 with the Driver.
Note: If Windows 95 installation cannot detect the APA-1450A host adapter installed in your computer, you must install the sparrow.mpd driver manually once Windows 95 installation is complete. To determine if the sparrow.mpd driver was installed, and to install the driver manually, see Updating Windows 95 with the Driver below.
When Windows 95 starts, if a [New Hardware Found] dialog is displayed after installing your APA-1450A host adapter, please select [Driver from disk provided by hardware manufacturer.]
Then insert your APA-1450A Drivers Diskette (this diskette) and type A: as the path. Follow the succeeding on-screen instructions.
Updating Windows 95 with the DriverThis section describes how to update/install the sparrow.mpd driver if Windows 95 is already installed. If you are installing Windows 95 for the first time, see Installing Windows 95 and the Driver, above.
- Start Windows 95.
- Insert the APA-1450A card in your PCMCIA socket if not already inserted.
- NOTE: If a [New Hardware Found] dialog is displayed after inserting your APA-1450A host adapter, please select [Driver from disk provided by hardware manufacturer.] Then insert your APA-1450A Drivers Diskette (this diskette) and type A: as the path. Follow the succeeding on-screen instructions.
- Click the Start button on the Windows 95 task bar, and then point to Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- Double-click the system icon.
- On the Device Manager tab, click the plus sign next to the SCSI controller icon.
- NOTE: If your adapter is not listed, there is no SCSI Controllers icon, or there is an Other Devices icon under the Device Manager, double-click on the Other Devices Icon. If there is a listing for an Adaptec PCMCIA SCSI controller, you must update the driver for this device. Continue with step 6. If there is no SCSI Controllers icon, no icon for Other Devices, and your APA-1450A card is inserted in your PCMCIA socket, please see Trouble-shooting Tips.
- Double-click on the Adaptec APA-1460 SCSI Host Adapter icon.
- On the Driver tab, click Change Driver. You may be asked to select the hardware type; if asked to do so, select SCSI Controller.
- Click the Have Disk button and enter a: as the location to copy the manufacturer\'s file from.
- Click OK.
- Select the APA-1450A SCSI Host Adapter, and click OK.
- Click OK. The driver is copied and scanned.
- You must restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Click Yes to restart your computer. Click No to return to the system properties window.
Download Adaptec 1450A Drivers here.
- Download Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI Controller Drivers
- Download Adaptec 1450A Drivers