Acer TravelMate 2420 Series Notebook/Laptop
Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista
Driver Date & Version
9/1/2005 (rev. 22.214.171.12484)
Acer recommends that you run a complete backup (e-recovery) prior to upgrading your PC. For a successful upgrade you need to download all of the available Vista Update files for your model.
After checking, I found that the VGA driver for Acer 2424 is in fact the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver version 126.96.36.19984.
VGA Driver for Acer 2424 Microsoft Windows XP Installation Instructions
- Click Start then right click on My Computer icon and then click on Properties.
- Click on Hardware Tab and select Device Manager.
- Double click Video Controller (VGA Compatible).
- Select Display adapters then Double click on the graphics controller shown.
- Click on Driver tab and select Update Driver....
- Select the following option: Install from a list or specific location (Advanced). Click on the Next button.
- Select the following option: Don\'t search. I will choose the driver to install. Click on the Next button.
- Select Display adapters. Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Have Disk... button and then the Browse button.
- Enter the directory where you unzipped the file you downloaded and then enter the Win2000 subdirectory. Highlight the ialmnt5.INF file. Click on the Open button.
- Click on the OK button. A window listing all of the available display types should open. Select the display adapter that your system contains and then click on the Next button.
- The operating system will install the driver. Click on the Finish button when done.
- Click on the Close button and then manually restart the system. After the system restarts The driver should now be loaded. (NOTE: IF UPDATING DRIVER GO TO STEP 3B)
- Click on the Close button and then click on the Yes button to reboot. The driver should now be loaded.
- Download Microsoft Live Web Cam XV 3000 Driver
- Download VGA Driver for WinXP for Acer 2424 Laptop