Aficio SP4110N, SP4100N, MLP36n, MLP31n, P7035n, P7031n, LP136n and LP131n
Ricoh Web Image Monitor
Driver Date & Version
Procedure to Set a Password
- Start SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin.
- On the [Group] menu, point to [Search Device],then click [IPv4], [IPX/SPX] or [IPv4 SNMPv3].
- A list of printers using the selecdted protocol appears.
- Select the protocol of the printer whose configuration you want to change.
- If you are using IPv4 SNMPv3, enter the user authentication.
- In the list, select a printer whose configuration you want to change.
- On the [Tools] menu, click [NIB Setup Tool].
- A web browser opens and the dialog box for entering the password for the Web Image Monitor administator appears.
- NIM Setup Tool starts when the network interface board is default. Follow the instruction on the screen.
- Enter the login user name and password, and then click [Login].
- For details about the user name and password, consult your administrator.
- Top page of WIM appears.
- Click [Configuration].
- On the [Device Settings], click [Program/Change Administrator], and then change the settings.
- Click [OK].
- Quit WIM
- Quit SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin.
What If You Do Not Have the Admin Password?This is the trickier part. You do not have the administrator password to access WIM. I have found a solution on the Internet which might help you solve this problem. Please be aware that I do not personally own a Aficio SP 4100N so this solution might not be working.
You can change/delete a admin password by logging into WIM (Web Image Monitor) with the default user name and password:
- Username: supervisor
- Password: (leave blank, there is no password).
- Download Aficio 615C Twain Driver
- Dell Laser MFP 1815dn Driver for Vista
3 thoughts on “Ricoh Aficio SP 4100N Login Password”
The alternate supervisor login worked perfectly!
Do to ‘fat-fingers’ i had missed type (twice!) the administrator password for the Web Interface and was no longer able to login!! YIKES!!!
Fortunately I stumbled accross you answer on how to reset the admin password and it worked perectly! Thanks for posting this info since I was not able to find it anywhere else – not even the Ricoh website!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU!
No problem, glad to see the information is useful for you ;)
I second that. Thanks!
This worked on the Ricoh MP161 that I received from an office that closed.