HP PSC 1210 All-In-One AIO Printer
Driver Date & Version
2004-04-30 (ver. 2.1.0)
First of all, if you are using Windows 98 and ME, you are out of luck because driver downloads and replacement driver CDs no longer offered for Win 98 & Win ME.
If you are looking for Windows Vista driver (I doubt so), in fact you do not need to download a single driver file because in Windows Vista (32bit/64bit), the driver for HP PSC 1210 printer is included in your Windows Vista operating system and is already on your computer. There is no need to download anything. Once you connect the USB printer cable between PSC 1210 and your PC, a message box [Your devices are ready to use] will shows and you are ready to use the printer right away.
If you are using Windows XP, this download page will provide the driver. Be aware that in order to reduce the download size for this PSC 1210 driver, HP has decided to remove few components that originally available on the driver CD. The components that have been removed are: Memories Disk, Product Tour, and Share-to-Web. I would say these are not the core components, which I personally do not use anyway.
Installation process is typical for a HP printer. You need to remove the USB cable first, then remove the old driver and then only you install the new driver. For detailed instruction, see below:
- Download the web package to your desktop.
- If you have already installed the software for this device and you are either upgrading or re-installing you will need to disconnect the USB cable from your all-in-one, turn the device off, and then uninstall the software. The previous installation can be removed by running the Uninstall Software program via the START\\\\Programs\\\\Hewlett-Packard menu or via Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel. Please reboot your PC when prompted.
- After uninstalling the previous software double click the web package and follow the on screen instructions. Do not plug in the USB cable until you reach the Setup Your Device Now screen. After you plug in the USB cable press the ON button on the front panel to turn your all-in-one on.
- After the HP Product Registration window appears you will need to reboot the PC and then delete the web package from your desktop and the temp files located in c:\\\\temp\\\\HP All-in-One Series Web Release.
- Download HP PSC 950 Driver
- Download HP PSC 1210 Driver