Gateway MX3225 Notebook
Windows XP x86, Windows XP x64
Driver Date & Version
05/04/2009 (ver. 184.108.40.206)
According to Gateway MX3225 Notebook specification table, it has a 10/100 Mbps built-in Ethernet 802.11g integrated Wireless (up to 54 Mbps) SecureEasySetup™. No mentioning of what brand the wireless card is using.
Then I tried to find the wireless driver for Gateway MX3225 notebook, and I was shown the driver download page for MX3220 series instead. According to the driver download page, there are three drivers available, all by Broadcom, two having similar version number but different sizes and release dates and the latest one is having a rather small size (145KB) compared to 6MB and 27MB. Hmm...
As we usually would install the latest driver, I am taking the latest one as the current working driver. If you are having problem installling the MX3225 driver, do try the other two older drivers.
Strangely I found an INF file (NET8185.INF) stating Realtek RTL8185 PCI/Cardbus 802.11g 54M Wireless LAN Network Interface Cards instead of Broadcom based wireless onboard ethernet, which supports the following Gateway models:
- 1014029R - Gateway MX6426
- 1009130 - Gateway MX3231
- 1009037 - Gateway MX3230
- 1009088 - Gateway MX3230h
Gateway MX3225 Onboard Wireless Ethernet Driver Installation Steps
- Download and unzip the driver file Wireless LAN_Broadcom_220.127.116.11_XPx86XPx64_A.zip to a temporary folder e.g. c:\mx3225\
- From the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- With Control Panel in Category View, double-click Performance and Maintenance
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, click System.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) in front of the type of device you want to install the drivers for, and then double-click the specific device to open the Properties dialog box.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.
- In the Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, click No, not at this time, and then click Next.
- Click Install from a list or specific location, and then click Next.
- In the next Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, under Search for the best driver in these locations, click to clear the check mark from Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM...), and that verify that Include this location in your search is selected.
- In the text field, under Include this location in your search, browse to C:\mx3225\Wireless LAN_Realtek_5.104.1130.2005-402.2006.1.12_XPx86x64 and select the INF file, then click Next.
- As there are two INF files (net8185.inf and 1.inf), please try net8185.inf and if it is not working, only then try 1.inf
- Follow on screen instructions to finish the driver setup.
Download Gateway MX3225 Onboard Wireless Ethernet Driver here.
- Download Dell PP31L Monitor Windows XP Driver
- Download Gateway MX3225 Onboard Wireless Ethernet Driver