Dell Latitude D620 / ATG D620 Laptop Computer.
Windows XP, XP 64bit, Windows Vista, Windows 2000
Driver Date & Version
11/7/2006 (ver. 188.8.131.529, A10)
If you are using Windows XP and you see a "SM Bus Controller" driver not installed problem on your PC, you will need to install the motherboard chipset driver. The chipset driver should comes with the original Dell Resource CD when you first purchase your Latitude D620. You can also download from Dell website.
This latest release of D620 chipset driver comes with an Intel Chipset INF package that include a Microsoft QFE to resolve an issue causing loss of USB functionality, leaving yellow bangs against USB hub.
The Intel CS INF package contains many different individual INFs, supporting various ICHs, various OSes, and various Intel Chipsets. It is possible that a specific platform may not need all INFs within the package.
In order to extract only the needed INFs for a given platform, please execute the following command (it is very important to run the above command on a platform on which the extracted INF files will be later installed):
setup.exe -aonly -overall
Dell Latitude D620 SM Bus Controller Driver Installation Steps
- Download and run the driver file R138226.EXE.
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R138226. Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
- The Self-Extractor window appears., click OK.
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R138226 and run setup.exe
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- Restart your PC when the driver installation finished.
Download Dell Latitude D620 SM Bus Controller Driver here.
- Download Farallon SkyLINE Wireless PC Card Win98SE Driver
- Download Dell Latitude D620 SM Bus Controller Driver