Brother HL2030 Laser Printer
Windows Vista (32bit/64bit)
Driver Date & Version
01/29/2007 (ver. 1.00)
This is the initial release driver for Brother HL2030 printer in Windows Vista with version number 1.00. Actually there is another form of smaller size driver available for download. The smaller size driver for HL2030 is labeled as [WHQL certified Printer Driver for Parallel / USB].
I would prefer this Full Driver & Software Package instead because of the extra software and the download size of just slightly over 17 MB.
No matter which version of drivers, there are few things you need to be aware of in Windows Vista:
- By installing this driver, the printer icon named [Brother xxxxxx series] will be added in the Printers section.
- The instructions may vary depending on the Windows Vistaâ„¢ version.
- You must be logged on as an Administrator.
- If the User Account Control prompt is displayed, click Continue to, well, continue.
- If the Windows Security alert prompt is displayed, click Install this driver software anyway., this is just how Windows Vista works for non WHQL drivers.
Since you have read about the precaution parts, here is the actual driver installation steps:
- Please make a temporary directory on your HDD to save the downloaded self-extracting file.
- Start downloading.
- Once downloading is complete, double click on the downloaded file to extract it.
- Double click SETUP.EXE file in the following directory:
XXXXX \\ Driver \\ inst \\ XXXXX \\ SETUP.EXE
**At XXXXX, a language name will be located. It varies on the language.
- The installation will start. Please follow the installation screen directions.
Download Brother HL 2030 Printer Driver for Windows Vista here.
- Download Canon BJC 80 Printer Driver for Windows XP/Vista
- Download Brother HL 2030 Printer Driver for Windows Vista