ATI Radeon 9200 based video cards
Driver Date & Version
11/7/2006 (ver. 18.104.22.168)
This is a work-around solution to install ATI Radeon 9200 display driver in Windows 7. Obviously ATI and Microsoft see Radeon 9200 based display cards as obsolete and did not update any new drivers since Windows XP. I managed to find this solution on Hardwareheaven forum in which a user provided a working solution.
As this driver is originally meant for Windows XP (old driver), you may not see a significant performance boost in Windows 7 but at least you can use a better resolution compared to the original VGA driver in Windows 7.
You will need to do some manual steps to install the ATI Radeon 9200 driver in Windows 7. No worry, follow steps below:
- Download and extract the zipped ati-9200-win7-driver.zip file. Extract them to c:\9200-driver\
- Open [Start] -> [Control Panel] -> [System] - [Device Manager]
- You will see a list of hardware on you computer, open [Display adapters] by double-click on it.
- Go to [Driver] tab and click [Update Driver] -> [Browse my computer for driver software], then browse to c:\9200\driver\. Make sure [Include subfolders] is ticked as well.
- Click next and let Windows 7 device manager find and install the driver for Windows 7. Restart your PC when finish.
Download ATI Radeon 9200 Drivers for Windows 7 here.
- Download Acer Aspire 3690 Built in Web-Cam Drivers
- Download ATI Radeon 9200 Drivers for Windows 7