Alps GlidePoint/StickPointer Touchpads. OEM in Dell Inspiron - 600m, 8200, 500m, 9100, 510m, 8600, XPS, 9200; Latitude - D600, D500, D505, C840, D800, D400
Windows 2000, Windows XP
Alps Electric Co., LTD.
Driver Date & Version
16 Nov 2004 (ver. OEM 18.104.22.168)
First of all, I found this Alps Touchpad driver on Dell download site. Dell was saying this is an OEM touchpad by Alps.
Logically this should work on any Alps Touchpad but if you are having problem installing, meaning this driver might not be compatible with your PC/Alps Touchpad, so do be ware.
Basically here is the installation guide in 2000/WinXP:
- Download the zipped driver file (duh!). Extract to a temp folder.
- From the Start menu, select Settings, Control Panel.
- Double-click Mouse to open Mouse Properties.
- Select the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
- Select the Driver tab, and then click Change.
- Click Next.
- Select Display a list of the known drivers for this device so that I can choose a specific driver, and then click Next.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse.
- Choose the temp folder name that you have copied the driver files (step 1).
- Click Apfiltr.inf, and then click Open.
- Click OK.
- Click Alps Pointing-device, and then click Next.
- Click Next to copy the driver files to your system.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close.
- Click Yes, then restart PC automatically.
- Download ALi M5273 Driver
- Download Alps Touchpad Driver