Sony UWA-BR100 Wireless LAN Adapter
Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista (both 32 and 64 bit Supported)
Driver Date & Version
2011 (ver. 18.104.22.168)
If you are trying to install it on a PC or notebook, and looking forward to download the driver from Sony website, you will find that under [Drivers and Software] section on Sony UWA-BR100 page, it is listed as "There are no files available to download for this model.".
Some says this device is ONLY "Compatible with select Sony Wi-Fi ready HDTVs and Blu-ray Disc theater systems", it is not for computers. However some find success in using it on a Windows XP system.
The chipset used in UWA-BR100 is AR7010+AR9280. I opened the driver setup file and found the inf file contained the following entries, indicating supported models, including UWA-BR100
- %ATHER.DeviceDesc.9271% = ATHER_DEV_9271.ndi, USB\VID_0CF3&PID_9271 ;Generic AR9271 ID
- %ATHER.DeviceDesc.7010% = ATHER_DEV_7010.ndi, USB\VID_0CF3&PID_7010 ;Generic AR7010+AR9280 ID
- %ATHER.DeviceDesc.7010% = ATHER_DEV_7010.ndi, USB\VID_0411&PID_017F ;Sony UWA-BR100
- %ATHER.DeviceDesc.7010% = ATHER_DEV_7010.ndi, USB\VID_04DA&PID_3904 ;Panasonic N5HBZ0000055
- %ATHER.DeviceDesc.7015% = ATHER_DEV_7015.ndi, USB\VID_0CF3&PID_7015 ;Generic AR7010+AR9287 ID
- %ATHER.DeviceDesc.1006% = ATHER_DEV_1006.ndi, USB\VID_0CF3&PID_1006 ;TP-LINK AR9271 ID
To install the driver, you will have to do the following:
- Download and extract the driver file AR9002U_22.214.171.124.zip to a temp folder.
- Open [Device Manager], right click on the UWA-BR100 hardware, select [Update Driver Software]
- Open [Browse my Computer for driver software] and browse to the temp folder where you have unzipped the driver file. Open the folder with matching windows version e.g. [Windows 7 64bit]
Download UWA-BR100 PC Driver here.
- Download ZTE Telecom MF668+ Modem PC Driver
- Download UWA-BR100 PC Driver