Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio for Lenovo Thinkpad X201 12.1" Notebook
Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
Driver Date & Version
08/20/2008 (ver. 1.0a)
This is the driver to solve problems with sound and audio or no sound in Lenovo Thinkpad X201 notebooks. In fact besides X201, the driver supports the following Thinkpad models as well:
- ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
- ThinkPad R400
- ThinkPad R500
- ThinkPad T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si
- ThinkPad T500, T510, T510i
- ThinkPad W500, W510
- ThinkPad W700, W700ds
- ThinkPad X100e
- ThinkPad X300, X301
- ThinkPad Edge 13", 14", 15"
- ThinkPad Edge E30, E40, E50
- ThinkPad L410
- ThinkPad L510
- ThinkPad SL300
- ThinkPad SL400, SL400c, SL410
- ThinkPad SL500, SL500c, SL510
- ThinkPad R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- ThinkPad X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- ThinkPad Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
This driver installs the QFE Q888111 update module (QFE) provided by Microsoft. Universal Audio architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a available for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000. One thing strange is Lenovo advices users to "Do not uninstall this software after installed."
UAA For X201 Driver Installation Steps
- Logon with a User ID with Administrator privilege.
- Execute OSDC01US.exe to extract this package onto the hard drive.
The default extraction location is C:\DRIVERS\OSFIXES\WXPUP\XPSP2.
- Click Start, the click Run.
- In the Open field, type 888111US.EXE /nobackup with the full path where this package was extracted in step 2, and click OK.
Example: C:\DRIVERS\OSFIXES\WXPUP\XPSP2\888111US.EXE /nobackup
(/nobackup is the option to disable uninstallation of this software on Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.)
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Download UAA for Lenovo X201 here.
- Download P2000 Driver
- Download UAA for Lenovo X201