TSST SB, TS, TU, US, COM, DOM, EXP, CI, CIS, CH, CHN Optical CD/DVDRW Drives
Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP
sfdnwin.exe (Software Flash Download for Windows)
Driver Date & Version
Oct 2006 (Ver. 3.25.6)
To upgrade a firmware for your TSST drive, follow the steps below carefully.
- 1. First you need to download the firmware file (*.bin) which is usually named after the series-model_version.bin, example is TS-H552B_TS12.bin, it refers to TS series with model H552B and with version TS12.
- 2. Download the Windows firmware update program -> Sfdnwin.exe file which can be download from the link in this page. After download, place it together with the *.bin in the same folder.
- 3. Next run Sfdnwin.exe. You will see your ROM-drive(s) in the Pop-up window and then you need to choose the drive whose firmware you want to upgrade.
Example: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-W162CTS10
- 4. Next open the first icon from left on the upper left of Sfdnwin.exe window, you can see [Investigation window] then select the firmware file (*.bin) that you already downloaded to the same folder as Sfdnwin.exe.
- 5. If everything goes well, now you will see the message [Ready] after finding the firmware file that you want.
- 6. Click the middle icon on the top of left. Then your firmware will be upgrade automatically (hopefully).
- 7. This is the critical part: Only when your firmware upgrade successfully only you reboot your pc, doing that halfway during flashing will render your drivers useless.
Download TSST CD DVDW Firmware Update Readme and Program here.
- Download TSSTCorp TS-H552B CD-DVDW Firmware Update
- Download TSST CD DVDW Firmware Update Readme and Program