TSST SB, TS, TU, US, COM, DOM, EXP, CI, CIS, CH, CHN Optical CD/DVDRW Drives
Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP
sfdnwin.exe (Software Flash Download for Windows)
Driver Date & Version
Oct 2006 (Ver. 3.25.6)
This is a readme and the Windows Firmware Update program from TSST Corp for its range of optical drives such as TSST SB, TS, TU, US, COM, DOM, EXP, CI, CIS, CH, CHN Optical CD/DVDRW Drives.
To upgrade a firmware for your TSST drive, follow the steps below carefully.
- 1. First you need to download the firmware file (*.bin) which is usually named after the series-model_version.bin, example is TS-H552B_TS12.bin, it refers to TS series with model H552B and with version TS12.
- 2. Download the Windows firmware update program -> Sfdnwin.exe file which can be download from the link in this page. After download, place it together with the *.bin in the same folder.
- 3. Next run Sfdnwin.exe. You will see your ROM-drive(s) in the Pop-up window and then you need to choose the drive whose firmware you want to upgrade.
Example: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-W162CTS10
- 4. Next open the first icon from left on the upper left of Sfdnwin.exe window, you can see [Investigation window] then select the firmware file (*.bin) that you already downloaded to the same folder as Sfdnwin.exe.
- 5. If everything goes well, now you will see the message [Ready] after finding the firmware file that you want.
- 6. Click the middle icon on the top of left. Then your firmware will be upgrade automatically (hopefully).
- 7. This is the critical part: Only when your firmware upgrade successfully only you reboot your pc, doing that halfway during flashing will render your drivers useless.
Download TSST CD DVDW Firmware Update Readme and Program here.
- Download TSSTCorp TS-H552B CD-DVDW Firmware Update
- Download TSST CD DVDW Firmware Update Readme and Program
8 thoughts on “TSST CD DVDW Firmware Update Readme and Program”
The link downloads SH-W162L_TS03.BIN, and SFDWIN says the firmware is not compatible with the selected drive?
I got the same message that it was not compatible with the selected drive.
I got the same message from the Sfdnwin, the message is…It was not compatible…, so, some help, please?
same message from downloaded files.
same message: this firmware is not compatible with the selected drive
Folks who say you received ‘firmware not compatible’ , check out the address below. It ‘might’ help. Do your research, I haven’t tried it yet, this updates firmware to a different writer model all-together that actually will work with the TS-H552L then you can update the firmware for the model your writer now thinks it is. Crazy!
http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Firmware/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp Search for your drive model here…..
Hi..I tried the firmware update like was recomended for my ts-h552b dvd writer. The problem is, is that it doesn’t work. When i send it to a cd-r disk, it states it is an unreadable file. There must be an easier way. I’ve downloaded drivers in the past, and it is usually very simple. Why is this such a task ???? please help…fred