HP LaserJet 3300mfp series Printer Scanner
Driver Date & Version
The problem with Windows Vista users having difficulty using the scanner function of HP LaserJet 3300mfp has raised few related posts in HP Business Support forum.
Cause of Scanning Problem
- Being a discontinued model, HP LaserJet 3300mfp printer/scanner can only be used in Windows Vista to print, by using HP Universal print driver.
- Vista will install Microsoft driver for the Laserjet 3300 scanner automatically.
- After reboot, Vista will then prompt the scanner driver is not installed and there is a communication error, with error message [unable to communicate with device].
- However some users claimed that Microsoft driver is able to power the scanner function under windows vista. However th Microsoft driver is extremely slow in windows Vista. (10x slower compare to HP driver in windows XP).
- Claim to work with HP LaserJet 3330. So please try with care for your Laserjet 3300.
- In Windows Vista, go to device manager
- Find the scanner in the list -> update driver -> browse my computer for driver -> Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer > Uncheck [Show compatible devices only]
- Choose the HP Laserjet 3300 Series Scanner. Scanning should be faster now compare to using Microsoft scanner driver.
- Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 Applicability List
- DVC 80 Hardware Driver
7 thoughts on “Laserjet 3300 Scanner Driver”
Need software of HP laserjet 3330 scanner and printer
I have just the HP LaserJet 3300C scanner. I recently acquired a new PC with Windows XP. My system will not recognize the scanner at all. Your solution was for Vista users. Do you have suggestions for XP users?
iwant scanner driver for hplaserjet3300, for windows xp
i need hplaserjet 3300 all in one all the driver immedietly.
your website is good but a little hard to understand and guide
thx a lot for this driver. i never found it before
In 64-bit Windows 7 I went to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers. From there, I right-clicked my printer and chose “Start Scan”. Worked like a charm with my LaserJet 3300. Didn’t need to install the drivers from the CD (which did not work anyway).