HP Laserjet 1220C Printer
Driver Date & Version
Since you are looking for HP 1220C Windows 98 printer driver, I will show you what is HP saying in its website (just in case you have not seen that):
As of July 2007, HP will no longer be able to offer driver downloads or replacement driver CD ordering for Windows 98, 98 Second Edition (SE), or Windows Millennium (Me) for your HP printer, all-in-one, camera, or scanner. Microsoft has stopped providing and supporting certain files related specifically to Windows 98 SE, and this change affects all technology companies. HP, along with other technology companies, is no longer able to use selected components in support of Windows 98SE, which has an impact on our software strategy for Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, and Windows Me. HP will continue to provide other selected HP software and applications that do not depend on Windows 98 SE components for the foreseeable future.
Although the drivers for Windows 98, 98 Second Edition, and Windows Me will no longer be supported by HP, your HP product will still work with these operating systems with the software provided to you on the CD that shipped with the product. Also, if you have previously received a software CD that lists any of these operating systems on the CD label, or downloaded a driver for one of these operating systems, please maintain these files. These files will no longer be available in the HP online support Web site or in any other HP support options (such as e-mail, chat or phone support) after the date mentioned above.
That means you will not be able to download the driver if you have lost your original driver CD. So how are you going to use your HP 1220c in Windows 98/98SE?
According to some forumers in HP IT Resource Center forum, there is actually a way to install driver in Windows 98. Here are the steps:
- Close all applications, including virus checkers and TSRs (programs that run in the background).
- Simultaneously press the CTRL, ALT, and DELETE keys on the keyboard to open the Close Program window.
- Select a program from the list, and then click the End Task button at the bottom of the Window.
- Repeat these steps until all programs except Windows Explorer and Systray are closed.
- Click Cancel to close the program window.
- Select Start, Settings and then Printers from the Windows desktop.
- Double-click the Add Printer icon.
- Click Next until the manufacturer and model selection screen appears.
- Select [HP] in the left column and the [LaserJet 6L PCL] (or another printer in the list) printer in the right column and then click Next.
- Select the appropriate port and click Next.
- Select Yes to make this driver the default printer and click Next.
In case you are asked to insert Windows 98 setup disk, please do so. Click Finish.
- Download Extensa 5220 Windows XP Audio Driver
- Iomega Zip 100 Driver