Yamaha DS-XG YMF724F-V Codec with YAMAHA DS-XG WDM Audio Miniport driver for Windows 98/ME/2000/Xp
Driver Date & Version
08/20/2001 (ver. 5.12.01.5244)
Well first of all this is what Yamaha warned about using this driver for YMF724F-V (some are looking for xp drivers for ymh724f v sound card, which I think is a typo for YMF724F):
The support information and downloadable material provided here are intended for Yamaha-branded products only. Use of any information and/or downloadable material provided here may not be appropriate with products manufactured by other companies. If you are sure what you are doing and want to continue, here are the driver installation steps:
- After download the driver, double click to launch it.
- Unpack the driver file to c:/Temp/Yamaha DS-XG WinXP Driver/
- InstallShield will prompt to install YAMAHA DS-XG WDM driver in your system, click NEXT to continue.
- Although it is a WDM driver, Windows XP might still prompt that Yamaha YMF724F-V Driver has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP. Just Continue Anyway.
- Restart your PC.
Hopefully after restart you will have a working Yamaha YMF724F-V in your PC.
This driver provides generic docking with 4-ch audio supports. It will shows in Device Manager as YAMAHA DS-XG Audio Docking Device (WDM).
In the driver INF file, it is mentioned that the installed driver will set the generic DS-XG audio docking station operation. Please do the special settings with DS-XG Audio Dirver customization document. It is used Microsoft WHQL HCT Test for YMF724F(DS-1),YMF740C(DS-1L), YMF744B(DS-1S) and YMF754(DS-1E). Whatever that means.
- Download Sigmatel 9200 Driver for Windows Vista
- Download Yamaha YMF724F-V Driver