ATI Mach64/Rage I Graphic Cards.
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Driver Date & Version
ATI Mach series was a series of 2D graphics accelerators for personal computers during the 1990's. See below for a brief descriptions of ATI Mach graphic cards:
- ATI Mach 8: 1991, 8 bit color mode, ISA, MCA ports
- ATI Mach 32: 1992, 32-bit GUI accelerator with basic DOS support, ISA, EISA, VLB, PCI, MCA ports
- ATI Mach 64: 1994, 64-bit GUI accelerator with basic DOS support, ISA, VLB, PCI
Checking on ATI driver download site on AMD.com,
- Step 1: Select the type of system that you have: Desktop Graphics
- Step 2: Select the product family your product belongs to: Rage Series
- Step 3: Select your product: Here we can see a list of ATI Rage related models, but non showing ATI Rage I or 3D Rage. If we select [Not Sure] we will be directed to a page on [GPU-55: How to identify the model of an ATI graphics card]
Problem now is which ATI Rage model we should try? Back to Wikipedia, here is some information on ATI 2D Rage (I), which should be related to ATI Mach64: The original 3D RAGE (aka Mach64 GT) chip was based upon a Mach64 2D core with new 3D functionality and MPEG-1 acceleration. The 3D RAGE was used in ATI's 3D Xpression video board., also from another forum: RAGE I Products: 3D XPRESSION and other products based on Rage I chips.
So the nearest match on ATI driver download page is ATI Rage II/II+, after selected this model the only available drive ris for Windows ME and Windows 98. No mention of Windows 7.
So our last try is to see whether the latest AMD Catalyst for Windows 7 supports ATI Mach64. Highly unlikely but worth a try. To do so, I downloaded the AMD Catalyst driver and open up the readme.
- Download the latest ATI driver file: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/11-6_vista32_win7_32_dd.exe. This is the driver for 32bit Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Run it, files extracted to C:\ATI\Support\11-6_vista32_win7_32_dd\
- Open up C:\ATI\Support\11-6_vista32_win7_32_dd\Packages\Drivers\Display\W7_INF folder and search all the INF files for "mach" or "rage", nothing found.
- Repeat the same steps for Windows XP driver. Same result, no driver support for ATI Mach64 and Rage.
- Download Acer Aspire One D255 Drivers
- Medion MT 7 Windows 7 Graphic Driver