VIA 3058 AC97 Audio Codec
Windows 2003 (32/64 bits), Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98/SE
Driver Date & Version
1/10/2008 (ver. A4.06)
The 3058 AC97 sound chipset you have actually is from Realtek, the OEM/general supplier for AC97 sound chips used by many motherboard brands. So you can just try their AC97 driver for your VIA AC97 3058 sound chips instead.
This is what written on Realtek AC97 driver download page, please take note:
Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer.
To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer website.
Installation Steps for VIA 3058 AC97 Driver
- Before installing the Realtek AC97 Drivers & Applications, Press the [Cancel] button if Windows detect the PCI Multimedia Audio device.
- Download the run WDM_A406.exe. Extract the files to a temporary directory e.g. c:/ac97/
- Run the setup.exe program to start the driver installation.
- Click on [Next/OK/Go] to continue the procedure. If the Windows popup [Digital Signature Not Found] message, press [Yes] to continue the installation.
- Finally, select to restart the system and press [Finish] to complete the installation.
- The system will reload the drivers and do some adjustments in the INF file if so required.
If you have tried this generic Realtek AC97 driver for your VIA 3058 AC97 sound card, and is not working (touch wood), your only way is to go to your motherboard/sound card manufacturer website and (hope) they still provide the necessary drivers for download.
- Download Netopia Wireless USB LAN Adapter SWL-2300U Drivers
- Download VIA 3058 AC97 Audio Driver