Trident 4D Wave DX/NX Audio Chipset
Driver Date & Version
2000 (ver. 2.0.52)
Alot of Trident 4D Wave owner asked: Do you have a Win2000 driver for 4DWaveDX/ 4DWaveNX? Do you have a smaller driver than the 73MB download?
I can tell you that: Trident no longer manufactures the 4Dwave DX or NX audio chipsets (Device ID 7700). Only the operating systems listed are supported (Win95/98 and NT 4.0). No driver support is available for Win2000, WinME, or any future OS.
If you do find the driver for Trident 4D Wave, you are lucky. The file download is 73 MB. The download may take up to 250 minutes at 40 Kbps (kilobits per second), depending upon your connection speed.
Trident 4D Wave Installation Guide
- This is a large self-extracting executable. You will want to unzip it to a new folder e.g. c:\\trident4dwarve.
- Launch Setup.EXE and follow the instructions to install the driver. Example, create a folder C:\\Audio.
- Use Start menu, click Run command browse to find CDV2052.exe and type CDV2052.exe C:\\Audio.
- You need about 200 MB of free disk space to unzip it. This file is large as it is a similar image to what shipped on the CD with the audio cards originally.
As the driver file for Trident 4D Wave is quite large, I have put the original download path as well as a link to the driver in rapidshare.com, just in case either one of the link is down.
Download Trident 4D Wave DX NX Driver here.
- Trident 3D Image 9750 Driver
- Download Trident 4D Wave DX NX Driver