Toshiba PCX 1100U USB Cable Modem
Windows XP, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 and Windows 32bit Vista
Driver Date & Version
11/09/2001 (ver. 126.96.36.19900)
Toshiba PCX1100U USB Cable Modem or known as the DAZ8813 is a USB capable cable modem. The driver available is WDM (Windows Driver Model) meaning the driver is source-code-compatible for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), and Windows 98.
Please be aware that USB Networking function is not supported on earlier Windows version, including Windows 98 First Edition, Windows 95 or any earlier version of Microsoft Windows or DOS OS, Macintosh Unix/Linux and IBM OS/2. So no worry because most PC now is capable of using USB function.
- Download the driver to your PC and unzip to C:/PCX1100U USB Drivers/ folder.
- Make sure the modem is connected to your computer using the USB cable and the power supply is connected and powered on. The power light on the modem will indicate this.
- Windows now will launch the [Found New Hardware Wizard]. Do not worry and close this window.
- Go to [START]->[SETTINGS] and then [CONTROL PANEL].
- In the CONTROL PANEL double click on the icon that is marked SYSTEM.
A new [SYSTEM PROPERTIES] windows will be opend. Go to [HARDWARE] ->[DEVICE MANAGER]. Delete all devices that having ? or ! because we need Windows to rescan the new driver changes.
- Select [SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES].
The Found New Hardware Wizard should appear. Click NEXT then [Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)] and click NEXT.
- Find C:/PCX1100U USB Drivers/ and click NEXT.
- When Windows finds the [The updated driver (Recommended) Toshiba PCX1100U USB cable modem (WDM)], click NEXT.
Windows will say it is ready to install the best driver for this device and click NEXT.
- Restart your computer. This completes the USB install. Please refer to your cable company for other modem settings.
- Download Motorola SURFboard SB5100 Cable Modem Driver
- Download Toshiba PCX 1100U USB Cable Modem Driver