Tascam US-428 Computer Controller/Interface
Windows XP (SP2 32bit/64bit), Windows Vista (32bit/64bit)
Driver Date & Version
Oct 16 2007 (ver. 3.40)
Tascam US-428 Computer Controller/Interface is a popular multipurpose unit from Tascam. The functionality is combinations of onboard 16/24-bit converters (44.1 or 48 kHz), audio-to-USB conversion, a MIDI interface and a mix control surface that works with a number of common studio DAW programs.
As aways, new features are added to the new release of a driver. For version 3.40, Windows Vista is now supported and you can install the US-428 driver in Windows Vista without problem.
However, on 64bit Windows the US-428 Select buttons and EQ controls do not work with SONAR.
- Before using the US-428 (power up), it is advisable to first install the appropriate drivers from an included PC/Mac CD-ROM or download from the Internet. Reason see below.
- The installation is easy, but here is a possible snag to avoid: Make sure the US-428 is powered down when installing drivers.
- If the unit is on, Windows automatically detects that a USB device is in the chain and will assign a useless generic driver to it.
- If Windows driver is installed, the correct Tascam driver may not be installed because Windows driver is already in place.
- So avoid the hassle and make sure the unit is off during your first install or later when updating drivers.
Download Tascam US-428 XP Driver here.
- Download DV 9260 US Sound Card Driver for XP
- Download Tascam US-428 XP Driver