Synaps / Fourstar Group / STAR LOGIC brand Computer Monitors
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, MAC, Windows 9X, Windows ME, Windows NT4, Windows CE, Windows Vista 64bit
Driver Date & Version
4/15/2007 (ver. 1.0)
If you own a Synaps or Star Logic branded computer monitor (from Walmart probably), you will find it hard to get the drivers. Many users are complaining on the support (or lack of it) by the company behind, which is Fourstar Group based in USA. However I managed to find the page for monitor driver download. Here are my findings:
- Out of 22 models of monitors, only drivers for three models are listed. ALL of them are the same single file.
- The single Synaps monitor driver file is HUGE! I have never see a 90.5 MB monitor driver installation/setup file before.
- Fortunately user manuals for every Synaps monitor are available for download.
- Apparently you need to fill in the support request or RMA form for the unavailable model drivers. See here.
- From the name of the driver setup file (touchkit.zip), seems that the driver is for touchscreen models.
- If possible, I would suggest you to try the Windows Plug and Play monitor driver instead.
- After plugging in the new Synaps monitors, you may see some errors such as [Out of range]. You may have set a frequency higher than the new Synaps monitor can support.
What you can do is to temporary plug in the old monitor (or another monitor) and set the screen resolution to a lower one, such as 800x600 or 1024x768, before plugging in the new Synaps monitor.
Download Synaps Monitor Drivers here.
- Download Level One WBR-3408 Firmware
- Download Synaps Monitor Drivers