Sunplus 32-bit CPU S+core Processor Core
Sunplus Technology Co., Ltd.
Driver Date & Version
Sunplus S+core is Taiwan first self-defined 32-bit RISC CPU with Sunplus-owned instruction set architecture (ISA). The ISA has 32/16-bit hybrid instruction mode. The optional MMU is said to support Linux OS. To obtain the support for Linux OS, you may need to email [email protected] directly as no drivers are available on the website.
According to Sunplus website, the main application for Sunplus S+core is used on SPG290A, an SoC designed specifically for TV game and handheld game products. SPG290A is composed of S+core, a 32-bit CPU developed by SUNPLUS Technology, Picture Processing Unit (PPU), Sound Processing Unit (SPU) and other primary functions for video game and ELA applications.
SPG290A is able to generate graphics and sound for the television system (NTSC or PAL) and LCD.
Features of Sunplus S+core
- Single issue, 7-stage pipeline
- Significant clock frequency improvement over 5 and 6-stage pipeline designs
- Optional MMU
- Virtual-to-physical address translation
- Support Linux OS
- Optional Custom Engine
- Support 32-bit sign/un-sign multiply and divider
- Support local instruction memory and/or cache memory with configurable size
- Support local data memory and/or cache memory with configurable size
- Optional customer-defined instruction extensions
- Optional customer-defined coprocessors
- Add up to 3 coprocessors to support complex operations
- Low-Overhead Interrupts
- Sixty-three prioritized interrupts, unique vector for each interrupt
- Support non-maskable interrupt and precise/imprecise bus error exception
- AMBA 2.0 compliant (AHB 2.0 master)
- 32/16-bit hybrid instruction mode and parallel conditional execution for high
- code density
- Optional SJTAG Debug
- Implements of SJTAG 1.0.0 specification
- User-configurable SJTAG breakpoints
- Easy ASIC Integration
- Single positive-edge clocking
- Fully synchronous design
- Supports for popular EDA tools
Download Sunplus S+core Linux Drivers here.
- Download Alltel Quicklink Mobile PC5750 Drivers
- Download Sunplus S+core Linux Drivers