Sony Cyber-shot DSCS90 Digital Camera
Windows XP, Windows Vista
Driver Date & Version
Sony Cyber-shot DSC90 USB Driver in Windows XPFirst of all let me clarify one thing:
It is NOT necessary to install the USB driver provided with the camera software. The driver needed for the USB connection is already part of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system.
If you already installed the USB driver provided by the camera, you may need to uninstall it first and let Windows XP reinstall the correct driver. See below for the detail steps.
Uninstall and Reinstall USB driver for CyberShot DSC90
- Ensure the camera is turned on and connected to the computer with the provided USB cable.
- On the computer desktop, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Imaging devices.
- Under the Imaging devices, click to highlight Sony Digital Still Camera.
- On the menu bar, click the Action menu.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
- If the System Settings Change window appears, click the Yes button to restart the computer.
- Restart the computer.
- When the computer restarts, it will detect the USB connection from the camera and automatically install the USB driver provided by the Microsoft Windows XP operating system.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC90 USB Driver in Windows VistaFor Sony Cyber-shot DSC90, there is no need to install a USB driver in Windows Vista because the computer will automatically install the USB driver for the camera connection.
Here are the steps to install USB driver in Windows Vista:
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
- Depending on your camera, set the USB Connect/Transfer mode to the Mass Storage or Normal setting.
- Insert the recording media containing the pictures into the camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable that was provided with the camera.
- The computer will automatically install the USB driver for the camera connection.
- When the camera connection is established, an AutoPlay window will appear.
Although the following Sony cameras have a USB port, USB connectivity is not supported for use with the MicrosoftÂ® Windows Vista operating system:
- Download Sound Blaster Audigy SE Driver
- Download Sony Cyber-shot DSCS90 Driver