SMC1211TX EZ Card 10/100 (Fast Ethernet PCI Network Adapter with Wake-ON LAN)
Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP Home/Pro, NT4.0
SMC Networks Inc.
Driver Date & Version
01/01/2004 (ver. 1.07)
Things to do before installing the Windows driver for SMC1211TX network card:
- Enter BIOS setup on your PC. Usually that means pressing F2 during PC start up but your PC may have a different key combination. The instruction to enter BIOS usually is displayed on scrren for a few secounds, so look carefully or read the manual.
- Go to the PCI configuration item in BIOS setup.
- Follow these steps to configure the PCI slot:
- You should know which slot your adapter is plugged into.
- Look for the physical location of the slot in your PCI motherboard.
- Set "this device" field to "Enable".
- Set "this item" field to "Master".
The SMC1211 series PCI adapter MUST be installed in an expansion slot that supports "Bus Master".
Refer to your system documentation to determine which slots support Bus Mastering.
- Some BIOS Setups allow you to select which interrupt line you can use. In this case, select "INT A" for "this item" field.
- Select an IRQ of your choice; make sure it does not conflict with existing IRQs in use.
- Select the "Trigger method" by which the IRQ is assigned or routed to the PCI slot. Choose the "level-trigger" option.
- Multiple SMC1211 series PCI adapters can share the same PCI interrupt, but all must use INTA with level-trigger mode.
Specifically for Windows XP user. This is the instructions to update the in-box driver (from Microsoft) to the latest one from SMC. In Windows XP, there is a in-box driver for SMC EZ Card 10/100 (SMC1211 Series) adapters, please follow the steps below to upgrade the driverto newer one in the disk. Of course, you still can use the native driver if you do not upgrade it.
- Plug "SMC EZ Card 10/100 (SMC1211 Series)" adapter into one of the Master PCI slots of your PC.
- Turn your PC ON, then boot into Windows XP.
- Windows XP will detect "SMC EZ Card 10/100 (SMC1211 Series)" then install the in-box driver automatically.
- If you want to use native driver, skip the following steps, because the device driver already been installed.
- Press "Start" Button from Desktop, select "Control panel" and click it. After "Contorl Panel" window appears, double-click "System" icon.
- Select "Hardware" tab, then click "Device Manager" button. Windows XP will show all the devices on your computer.
- Select "Network Adapter", then remove "SMC EZ Card 10/100 (SMC1211 Series)".
- Press "Start" button again, select "All Programs"-> "command prompt".
- Type the following commands from DOS prompt,
- Come back to "Device Manager" window, click "Scan for hardware changes" icon.
- Windows XP will show "Add New hardware Wizard" diaglog box. At this moment, please select "Install from a List or specific Location(Advanced).", then click "NEXT" button.
- Please insert the Driver Diskette into the floppy drive (ex, A: drive), select "Specify a location" then enter path name "A:\WINXP" in the "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog box. After that, click the "Next" button.
- When Windows XP prompts "SMC EZ Card 10/100 (SMC1211 Series) Adapter" in the "Add New Hardware Wizard" dialog box, click the "Finish" button.
- Remove the Driver Diskette from your floppy drive.
- * NOTICE!! C:\WINDOWS is the directory where your Windows XP O.S. is located.
Download SMC1211TX PCI 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Network Card Driver here.
- Download Speedo Aquashot Underwater Digital Camera Driver
- Download SMC1211TX PCI 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Network Card Driver