Samsung SC-148C CDROM
Driver Date & Version
26 May 2004 (Ver. B107)
Wonder why I stated that the firmware for Samsung SC-148C is from IBM and not from Samsung? Well, first of all there is no firmware or driver for Samsung SC-148C in Samsung driver download website. The closest that I am able to find is this one from IBM.
From IBM site: Firmware are for Samsung SC-148C CD-ROM drive used in the following supported systems:
- IBM eServer xSeries 205, 206, 225, 226, 235, 236, 255
- IBM IntelliStation A Pro (Type 6224)
- IBM IntelliStation E Pro (Type 6216, 6226)
- IBM IntelliStation M Pro (Type 6219, 6220, 6230, 6225, 6228)
- IBM IntelliStation Z Pro (Type 6221, 6223)
(IBM part number 33P3210, replacement part number (FRU) 33P3211)
Version B107 firmware fixed disc scratch problem while version B105 (inclusive in version B107)
Fixed operating system CD boot problem with a stamped Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 disc (this problem could also appear in other vendors stamped disc) with IBM eServer xSeries 235/255 servers.
Linear seek time for PC Doctor (DOS) is improved
For additional information, read the readme file for the firmware.
Download Samsung SC-148C CDROM Firmware here.
- Download Samsung YH-920GS/YH-925 Driver
- Download Samsung SC-148C CDROM Firmware