AMD SB600 and Promise® T3 RAID used in MSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Driver Date & Version
2010-04-16 (XP/XP64 Ver: 2.500.1540.48
Vista 32/64 Ver: 2.5.1540.48
Win7 32/64 Ver: 2.5.1540.17)
According to MSI K9A2 Platinum motherboard specification, K9A2 has the following SATA and eSATA ports configurations:
- 4 SATA II (1~4) ports by AMD SB600
- 2 SATA II (5~6) ports by Promise T3, support SAS ready devices, for storage devices only
- 2 eSATA ports by Promise T3, for storage devices only
Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
MSI K9A2 Platinum has two different RAID controllers build in the same motherboard:
- AMD SB600, supporting SATA II 1~4 support RAID 0, 1 and 0+1 mode by
- Promise T3, supporting SATA II 5~6 & 2 eSATA ports support RAID 0, 1 and 0+1 mode.
MSI K9A2 Platinum RAID (AMD SB400) Information and Driver Installation
- ATI SB600 RAID driver has a newer Windows 7 driver support dated 2010-04-16, compare to Promise T3 RAID driver.
- Extract the file and Copy all files to the floppy.
- Press F6 to install driver through the floppy when booting and loading RAID function.
- XP/XP64 Ver: 2.500.1540.48
- Vista 32/64 Ver: 2.5.1540.48
- Win7 32/64 Ver: 2.5.1540.17
MSI K9A2 Platinum RAID (Promise T3) Information and Driver Installation
- Promise T3 RAID driver was last updated on 2008-04-10, thus no Windows 7 driver listed.
- Win XP Ver.: 1.1.1030.27
- Win 2K Ver.: 1.1.1030.27
- Vista32/64 Ver.: 1.1.1030.47
MSI K9A2 Platinum is not supported under Windows 98 and ME, due to limitation of the chipset used.
Download RAID Driver for MSI K9A2 Platinum here.
- Download MSI 7173P Drivers/BIOS
- Download RAID Driver for MSI K9A2 Platinum