Proxim ORiNOCO 842x-WD 802.11b USB Adapter
8424-WD (Gold) and 8425-WD (Silver)
Windows XP, Windows 98 SE, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000
Driver Date & Version
9/22/2003 (rev. 2.1.0)
Both Proxim 8424-WD (Gold) and 8425-WD (Silver) USB wireless network cards are using ORiNOCO 842x-WD 802.11b USB Wireless LAN chipsets. Proxim 8424 and 8425 share the same Windows XP drivers.
Inside the zip file (proxim-8425.zip) you will find the Quick Start PDF, User Guide PDF as well as the Windows driver in /proxim-8425/Driver folder.
Proxim 8425-WD Windows XP Driver Installation Steps
- Run [Setup.exe]. InstallShield displays the dialog message
Welcome to the installShield Wizard for ORiNOCO 802.11b USB.
Press [Next] button to continue.
- InstallShield then displays the LICENSE AGREEMENT dialog. Press [Yes] button if you agree to the LICENSE.
- InstallShield displays a [Choose Destination Location] dialog.
The default destination folder is [C:/Program Files/ORiNOCO/ComboCard 11b USB]. You can press [Browse] to change to different folder. After that, press [Next] button to continue.
- InstallShield copies all necessary files on your system, then a dialog contains message [InstallShield Wizard Complete] appears. Press [Finish] button to continue.
- InstallShield performs some operations(such as registry setup), then a dialog appears to ask you whether you want to reboot now or later.
t is required to reboot your system. If you dont want to reboot now, choose [I will reboot my computer later]. Press [Finish] and the installation is complete.
- You have finished installing [Proxim 8425 ORiNOCO 802.11b USB] on your computer.
Download Proxim 8425-WD USB Adapter Driver 2.1.0 Windows XP here.
- Download Proview PS-769 Driver
- Download Proxim 8425-WD USB Adapter Driver 2.1.0 Windows XP