Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 Slim 24x Combo
Windows XP, Windows Vista 32/64 bit
Driver Date & Version
5/1/2007 (ver. TD19)
However, Philips also specifically stated a link to Dell website. So if your Philips drive was sold in a computer which was made by Dell , you have come the the right place because this article is based on Dell OEM version of Philips SCB5265 CDRW/DVD drive.
The firmware listed on Dell website for Philips SCB5265 is a new release and it is recommended to download and install. Here is the exact words:
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
Seems that this firmware update for Philips SCB5265 is required for VISTA compatibility and you should update this firmware BEFORE upgrading to VISTA.
FLASH LOADER INSTRUCTIONS FOR upgrading the PHILIPS-SCB5265 firmware to version TD19
- Download the SCB5265_fwTD19.zip: file and extract to a known location
- Double-clock on the PHILIPS-SCB5265-TD19.exe FLASH Utility to begin FLASH operation
- YOu may be prompted to have ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS to use FLASH Utility
- When the FLASH LOADER launches, select \"UPDATE\" to begin flash operation
- DO NOT TURN OFF POWER DURING FLASH OPERATION
- FLASH OPERATION MAY TAKE almost 2 minutes- please be patient
- You will see the progress bar begin to fill up with BLue Squares
- Once complete, You will see a message:
The devicer update has competed successfully.
Please re-boot your computer and that all unsaved data should be saved before rebooting the system.
- Select YES to continue
- The system will automatically shutdown and Restart
Download Philips SCB5265 Driver/Firmware here.
- Download abit A8N-32 Driver
- Download Philips SCB5265 Driver/Firmware