Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7173A DVDRW Drive Firmware
Driver Date & Version
26 March 2007 (Ver. 1.02)
This Optiarc AD-7173A DVDRW drive firmware comes with Windows installer, which will automatically detect whether you have a valid Optiarc AD-7173A drive before attempt to flash the new firmware.
An error message [Target Optiarc AD-7173A is not found correctly] will be display if you do not have the correct DVDRW drive.
The firmware update software will update from either firmware Ver. 1.00 or 1.01, to the latest Ver. 1.02
Specific procedures are mentioned in the readme html file included with the zip file. Just in case you forgot to read it, here it is:
- Connect drive to secondary IDE channel as Master
- Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master
- Use standard UDMA-2 IDE cable
- Update in Windows \"Safe Mode\"
- Under Windows 2000 & XP login as administrator
- Update without DMA mode, under Windows XP & 2000 in the device manager - \"IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers\", you can switch from DMA to PIO mode
- Disconnect all external USB/ FireWire devices.
- Deactivate virusscanners, active desktop programs and packetwriting agents
- Do not turn off power during the updating process.
Optiarc also mention specifically that if you have tried flash your AD-7173A with unofficial modified firmware before, false updating may occured, which will void your warranty as well as render your drive unusable.
You have been warned. So my personal opinion is do try this official firmware first before trying with unofficial firmware, such as those from the famous Liggy & Dee.
Download Optiarc AD-7173A DVDRW Firmware here.
- Download Toshiba SD-R2102 DVD-ROM Driver
- Download Optiarc AD-7173A DVDRW Firmware
6 thoughts on “Optiarc AD-7173A DVDRW Firmware”
My device is not working and I need to reinstall the software.
Usually there is no need to reinstall the firmware for an optical drive because Windows will automatically install one for you. If it is not working, most probably is because of hardware or media problem.
Boot Windows into Safe mode, only then start Firmware update. The installer program is simply crappy.