Optiarc AD-7170A DVDRW Drive
Driver Date & Version
26 March 2007 (Ver. 1.03)
This Update works only with AD-7170A (retail & bulk) drives, not with OEM releases. OEM means part of a full PC package or external USB or FireWire variant of this burner.
For OEM products contact directly your dealer, distributor or manufacturer of PC- or USB/ Firewire- package for service, support and firmware updates.
This firmware version 1.0.3 is meant for update for version 1.00, 1.01 and 1.02
According to Optiarc, you need to follow the exact steps for the firmware update to perform successful:
- Connect drive to secondary IDE channel as Master
- Disconnect all slave hardware from IDE secondary Master
- Use standard UDMA-2 IDE cable
- Update in Windows \\\"Safe Mode\\\"
- Under Windows 2000 & XP login as administrator
- Update without DMA mode, under Windows XP & 2000 in the device manager - \\\"IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers\\\", you can switch from DMA to PIO mode
- Disconnect all external USB/ FireWire devices.
- Deactivate virusscanners, active desktop programs and packetwriting agents
- Do not turn off power during the updating process.
- Note: Warranty will be lost during false updating procedure, especially unofficial modified firmwares were used before.
- In such cases we could not offer you a solution any more. You have to repair it by cost then.
Download Optiarc AD-7170A Firmware here.
- Download Optiarc AD-7173A DVDRW Firmware
- Download Optiarc AD-7170A Firmware