Olympus FE-370 Digital Camera
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
fe-370 avi codec.zip
Driver Date & Version
8/12/2005 (ver. 3.2.4)
First of all, some simple explanation on why you need a .avi codec for your Olympus FE-370 digital camera:
- According to Olympus FE-370 user manual, FE-370 supports two formats:
- Image File Format: Still Image JPEG
- Movie: AVI Motion JPEG
- So now we know the movies you recorded with your FE-370 is in AVI Motion JPEG format.
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) is an informal name for multimedia formats where each video frame or interlaced field of a digital video sequence is separately compressed as a JPEG image.
- It is often used in mobile appliances such as digital cameras, sucha as Olympus FE-370.
- AVI Motion JPEG is a popular codec before the introduction of MPEG-4 encoding.
- AVI Motion video is typically stored in the popular Windows AVI or Apple Quicktime MOV container files, generally viewable natively (or after installation of a simple CODEC driver) in most versions of the applicable operating system.
- Although Motion JPEG allows high compression and good quality, the problem is that the format is not standardized.
Many manufacturers only supported their own variations of MJPEG. This meant that material edited on a system with a video editing board often could not be played on other computers that did not have the highly specialized software installed.
Download Olympus FE-370 .avi Codec here.
- Download Olympus FE-370 User Manual
- Download Olympus FE-370 .avi Codec