NEC ND-6650A Slim-Size (12.7mm) optical drive with 8x write speed that supports DVD+/- formats and DVD+R /-R dual layer disc.
Windows 2000, Windows XP
NEC Corporation of America
Driver Date & Version
12/22/2006 (v.103D, A02)
For windows operating system, usually there is no need to manually install a driver for the CDROM or DVD drives. However, there are some cases where the driver is corrupted and need to fix the driver.
The symptom is: Your NEC ND-6650A drive is not seen in File Explorer and the device is marked with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager. Additionally, after you open the device's Properties dialog box, one of the following errors is listed in the Device status area:
- Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
- The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
- A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)
- Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
- Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
- You upgrade the Windows operating system.
- You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
- You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.
- Reinstall the driver:
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
- In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click Uninstall.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.
- Restart the computer.
- After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.
- Use Microsoft CD/DVD Fix it troubleshooter
This should fix CD/DVD related problems like Your CD or DVD Drive does not read or write and is shown as disabled, The media in your CD or DVD drive cannot be read, The media cannot be written to by your CD or DVD drive, You receive one of the following errors: A class specific or device specific driver is missing or corrupt, A CD or DVD drive cannot be found or is not connected, The CD or DVD drive is experiencing a problem that prevents it from working properly, The CD or DVD drive is not accessible via an assigned drive letter.
Download NEC DVD RW ND-6650A Driver here.
- Download MCP67 Video Drivers
- Download NEC DVD RW ND-6650A Driver