Mustek 1200 USB Scanner
Driver Date & Version
12/12/01 (ver. 1.0)
Mustek 1200 USB scanner Windows XP driver installation is one of the most complicated processes I have seen so far. Let me explain:
- There is a link on Mustek website on [Please download installation instructions and refer to WinXP_Install.html.
The link is pointing to ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/WinXP_ENG.EXE but the file failed to run after downloaded. Tried few times and still same problem.
- Then you will find a link to fixwinxp.exe which can be downloaded ok. Problem is when we run fixwinxp.exe, we have no clue what to do.
First we are to select the language (English) and then it will ask to choose the *.exe from your Mustek driver. (On CD-ROM or downloaded from internet). Where does this *.exe comes from?
- I was thinking maybe there will be some clues on the Windows XP driver installation instructions on the server, so I tried to refer to ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/WinXP_ENG.EXE and go a level deeper e.g. ftp://ftp.mustek.com.tw/pub/driver/.
I have found three similar files e.g. WinXP_ENG.EXE (not working, obviously), WinXP_SC.EXE (failed to run too) and WinXP_TC.EXE.
Voila! When running WinXP_TC.EXE, it just extracted many jpg files and a html file named WinXP_Install.html which is what we need. One small problem: WinXP_Install.html is written in Chinese. Please see the translated version below.
Please download the driver file mustek-1200-usb-scanner-windows-xp-driver.zip and extract to a temporary folder e.g. c:/temp/. It will make the installation much easier later. It is better to put all the necessary files in one same folder to ease the process.
- Copy FixWinXP.exe to a temporary folder e.g. c:/temp/
- Run and select language.
- When prompted for *.exe, please ready with Mustek 1200 USB scanner Windows 2000 driver.
- Select web.EXE from Windows 2000 driver download link.
- Select language.
- Follow on screen instructions to complete the installation. Shutdown your PC when finished.
- Plug in the USB cable from your Mustek 1200 USB scanner to your PC and start you PC.
- Upon starting, Windows XP will detect the scanner and will ask for the driver. Select automatic look for driver.
- Please select the driver with path c:/windows/inf/
- Click [Continue anyway] and the new Windows XP driver will be installed correctly!
- Download Canon DR-3060 Scanner XP Driver
- Download Mustek 1200 USB Scanner XP Driver