MSI CR400 Notebook with RaLink Wifi (rt2860 chipset).
Ubuntu 9.04 and newer.
Driver Date & Version
12/8/2010 (ver. 188.8.131.52)
Information are gathered from various forums and posters who have successfully installed MSI Cr400 Wifi driver in Ubuntu.
- For Windows, the detected Ralink Wifi chipset model is RT2860.
- Ubuntu however detected it as RT3090.
- So please download the RT3090 driver from Ralink Linux driver page.
- Install the Ralink RT3090 Ubuntu Wifi driver using the guide here.
- After that, try command "sudo ifconfig ra0 up". Ubuntu will report "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not permitted". No worry, see next step.
- Rename /etc/Wireless/RT3090STA to /etc/Wireless/RT2860STA (do not ask, this simply works as reported by one of the forum users).
Download MSI CR400 Ubuntu Wifi Driver here.
- Download MSI K8NGM2 Sound Card Driver
- Download MSI CR400 Ubuntu Wifi Driver