Intel Indeo Video Codec
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP
Intel Corporation/Ligos Corporation
Driver Date & Version
6/26/2000 (ver. r5.11)
According to Wikipedia, Indeo codec is originally developed by Intel from year 1992 and was later sold to Ligos Corporation on year 2000. Indeo is said to be among the first software codecs allows playback of videos without hardware acceleration.
Thus when you install this Indeo codec you will see the word [Ligos Video Technology] displayed, as below:
Please be aware as this codec was released back in year 2000 (quite a while ago) thus may not install correctly or working with todays modern OS. According to free-codecs.com some users are having troubles installing on Windows Vista and many have mixed results installed on Windows XP PC. If you are having problem installing this Indeo codec, you may try this workaround:
- During codec installation, select custom install
- Disable the web plug-in (the last checkbox).
- Reboot your system and try with an Indeo video.
- it is possible you had the Indeo r5.1 codec already installed, but the registry information wasn not there, for whatever reason.
- The Indeo codec installer will checks any existing codec installed but do not attempt to overwrite the installation if the file is already present, nor making changes in registry to enable it.
- Run the registry editor (click start, run, regedit).
- Navigate to the key
Make sure Drivers32 is selected on the left. On the right scroll down and look for an entry named vidc.iv50
- If it is not there then click edit, new string value. Name it vidc.iv50 then double-click it and for value put ir50_32.dll
- Restart and try to play the Indeo video again.
*New: According to Wikipedia, although Indeo video is not officially supported by Windows Vista and Windows 7, simply entering [regsvr32 ir50_32.dll] into the command prompt located at C:/Windows/SysWOW64/cmd.exe, might enable the playback of Indeo encoded video. No harm try this if you want to view that Indeo video.
Download Intel Indeo r5.1 Codec here.
- WDC WD1500HLFS-01G6U0 5.1.2535.0 Driver
- Download Intel Indeo r5.1 Codec