Intel 740 Built In Graphics Accelerator
Windows 95, 98 and 2000
Driver Date & Version
June 28, 2000 (ver. 5.1.00.1404)
Intel 740 Driver Installation
- After Windows has loaded, click on My Computer icon, Control Panel icon, and then the System icon.
- You should now be in the System Properties window. Select the Hardware tab, and click on the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, click the plus sign to the left of the Display Adapter device, then click the Intel740(TM) graphic device, which will bring up the Graphics Controller Properties.
- Next, click the Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button, which launches the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard
- The Update Device Driver Wizard window appears. If you are installing the Intel740(TM) graphics accelerator card and drivers for the first time, this window may denote Intel740(TM) graphics accelerator as a Standard PCI VGA Graphics Adapter. Click on the Next button to continue.
- A new window appears, prompting either for Windows to search for a device driver or to select one manually. Click the option for Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want. After this, click on the Next button, and continue to next step.
- From the new window, click on the Have Disk button.
- You should now be in the Install From Disk window. In the Copy manufactures files from: box, enter the location of the Intel740 graphics accelerator drivers and press the OK button.
- A window should pop up stating that the 5.1.00.1404 drivers are about to be installed. Click the OK button to accept the display driver change, and then click the Close button in the Advanced Display Properties window as well as the Display Properties window to complete the installation. Restart the computer when prompted to do so.
- The drivers should now be loaded. Restart your PC if necessary.
The Intel 740 graphics accelerator is mainly used in Intel 440LX, 440BX and 440GX AGPset or a later generation Intel AGPset motherboards.
There is no OpenGL support with Production version 5.1.00.1404 (this driver) and also a known issue with Unreal Tournament not being able to run under Windows 2000 with the Intel 740 graphics accelerator.
- Download VIA VT1612A AC97 Audio Codec Driver
- Download Intel 740 AGP Driver